Connect: 1 Samuel 12
- Having read verses 1-5 and 6-11, what does it seem like Samuel is doing here with the people of Israel? What would be a modern day example of what he is doing?
- What is the main reason the Israelites were asking for a king? How is their request here different from their previous requests?
- In verses 19-25, what are the Israelites afraid that God is going to do because of their sin? What had Samuel already told them they needed to do to experience God’s blessing?
- What are some things you can do to keep you from having a hardened heart?
- How can you cultivate a heart of repentance?
- What can we learn from Samuel’s faithfulness to pray for Israel?