Connect: 1 Thessalonians 5
- Should our focus be on the date of the Lord’s return or on the Great Commission? Why?
- “Be patient” in Greek means “long-tempered,” which is the opposite of our term “short-tempered.” How does Paul encourage longsuffering and self-restraint in the face of provocation? How well do you handle giving out mercy?
- What are the 3 actions Paul reveals are in God’s will (v 16-18)?
- How does the coming of the Lord motivate you?
- What are some ways that Christians can avoid “getting sleepy” with regard to the Lord’s coming? How can we stay alert?