Connect: John 3
- Who was “Nicodemus” (John 3:1)? What is meant by Nicodemus being “a man of the Pharisees” (John 3:1)? Why did Nicodemus come to Jesus “by night” (John 3:2)?
- Why is “Spirit” (John 3:5) capitalized? Is the “Spirit” a different God? Is the Holy Spirit someone who can be said to have a ‘personhood’?
- Did Jesus come to “condemn the world” (John 3:17)? How do those who don’t believe in Jesus end up? What is meant by the “only Son of God” (John 3:18)?
- Are there sins in your life, your love for which is keeping you away from Jesus?
- According to John 3:18 and John 3:36, what is the outcome of believing or not believing in Jesus? Which represents you today?