Connect: John 4
- Where are “Samaria” and “Sychar” (John 4:5)? How old was “Jacob’s well” (John 4:6)? Why was Jesus sitting by the well, and where were His disciples?
- Why do you think Jesus asked the Samaritan woman for water? How would you characterize their conversation up to John 4:15?
- What “hour” is Jesus referring to in John 4:21? In which place had God ordained the Jews to worship Him until then? To whom does the “you” in John 4:21 refer?
- When someone alerts you about your sins, do you repent or retaliate?
- Who is still waiting for their Messiah? What should they be told? How should you communicate this to them?