Connect: John 5
- Why does Jesus ask the sick man if he wants to be healed? What’s the importance of this?
- What’s the significance of Jesus calling God His father in their culture, making himself equal with God? Have you ever heard other religions state that Jesus never claimed to be God? How does Jesus continue this claim in verse 21?
- In verse 39, what role does the Holy Spirit play in revealing the truth of scripture?
- May the Spirit reveal the truth of scripture to you in a fresh way and may that truth equip you to serve those that are far from the one true God.
- Reflect on the truth that the author of life and creator of the universe stepped away from a perfect Union with the Father and Spirit in the Holy Trinity, to walk amongst His people on Earth where He taught, revealed truth, and ultimately died and was resurrected to give us one path to eternal life. Praise His holy name, Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd who laid His life down for His sheep.