As most of you reading this know, I work with our This Gen Ministries, I consider it an honor, a privilege, and the most fun job anyone could ever have. There are certainly highs and there are definitely lows, but at the end of the day. I couldn’t imagine not working with This Generation in some capacity. If you are reading this and I have zero clue what I mean about This Gen. What it means is kids, students, and young adults. I love working with them. They are passionate, they are growing, they are curious, they are talented, and they matter. Which is why I loved the reading this week! We don’t get a huge view into the window of Jesus' time as a This Gen’r, but what we do see is powerful... (Continue Reading Here)
MONDAY, JANUARY 31
Connect: Luke 2:41-52
Read Chapter 5 of Quest 52
- After reading Chapter 5, how clear are you about God’s purpose for your life? What do you believe God is leading you to do for Him?
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1
Connect: 1 Samuel 24
- In verses 4-7, how did David resist those who sought him harm?
- Read closely verses 8-15. How did David show how we should reconcile?
- Did David and Saul reach an agreement? How? Why is this important?
- The life of David includes a fascinating tale about submitting to God’s earthly authorities. What leader do you need to show more appropriate honor to?
- Who are you avoiding that you should pursue? Are you waiting on them to move first? Why not rather go to them, clarify the situation and gently confront what has perhaps turned into a misconception?
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2
Connect: Romans 13
- With verses 3-5, how does the Lord want you to conduct our lives towards the authorities?
- Why should we be submissive to those in power?
- Why should Christians not cheat the tax system? How is upholding the laws honoring God?
- Are you living a life that is submissive to God’s authority? What about the laws of the appointed authorities?
- If you’re not sure about these questions, take time to pray for God to show you answers.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3
Connect: Luke 2:41-52
- What is the Festival of Lights? What is significant about Jesus missing for 3 days then being found on day 3?
- How hard would it be for Jesus to submit to sinner parents and also submit to God the Father?
- What did you struggle with while going through puberty? Do you have a funny story you would be willing to share?
- What advice would you give to your younger self about the man or woman you wanted to become?
- From your childhood (or parenting), why is submission to authority so important for spiritual growth and mental health?
- Share one area where your actions are below what your level of maturity should be at your age?
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4
Connect: Ephesians 6
- Why is honoring your mother and father the first commandment with a promise?
- When a child has a parent who does not obey vs 4, then how should that child honor his/her parents?
- What is the full armor of God?
- How can you show honor to your parents?
- How can you live daily vs 14-18?
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5
Connect: 1 Timothy 5
- How are we to treat the church elders/leaders? Vs 17
- In verse 17, it says “double honor”… What does double honor mean? How does that look?
- Are you treating your church leaders with double honor? Why or why not?
- How can you treat church leaders better?
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6
Connect: Matthew 5
- Reread vs 10-12. What does persecuted BECAUSE of righteousness mean?
- “Because of me” gives Christians what hope in persecution?
- When being persecuted, what are we supposed to do?
- Have you ever been persecuted for Christ? What happened? How did you react?
- If you haven’t experienced persecution, take time now to pray for those in other countries, and those in our country who are being persecuted for Jesus.