MONDAY, September 26
Connect: Luke 10
- Where is God calling you to go and what is God calling you to do?
- What are the necessities of your life?
- What is the most important commandment?
- How do you be a good neighbor where you live?
- Do you have the right priorities to minimize worry in your life?
- What do you need to reprioritize?
- Jesus said, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you have seen.” What is something that you that you have seen recently that you can be thankful for?
- What has been distracting you and causing you worry recently?
TUESDAY, September 27
Connect: Psalm 37
- What are you worrying about right now?
- Re-read Psalm 37, Underline each verse that speaks to your present situation.
- When you worry, what are you typical reactions? How does that positively or negatively affect your situation?
- How can you put your hope in the Lord today?
- We have talked about pausing and being present in our current series, The Unhurried life, this is a time to practice that. Take 5 minutes and just be “still in the presence of the Lord” Scripture says trust him, and he will help you.
- Write down what God spoke to you during that time.
WEDNESDAY, September 28
Connect: Philippians 4
- What is the value of prayer? How would you describe your prayer life?
- Many people misunderstand the verse Philippians 4:13, here is some insight on it. From Got Questions: “Finally, Philippians 4:13 is part of a larger passage that addresses Christ’s ability to meet our needs. Christ can give contentment during times of plenty and of poverty. He can help us do all things through His strength. In Paul’s case, it was the strength to serve as a missionary despite facing intense suffering. In our lives, this same strength is available. Whether we serve in another country or help someone in our own community, Christ’s power can enable us to stand firm on His promises and endure the most difficult of life’s challenges.”
- How does prayer fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable?
- What is something that you have needed to pray about, but haven’t?
- Think about Philippians 4:6 and take time to memorize it. Then pray.
- Remember Mark Moore’s words, “When we thank God for all he’s done for us, we’re reminded of his meticulous care for us. That’s the secret to a worry-free life.”
THURSDAY, September 29
Connect: Matthew 6
- Jesus gives us the ultimate example of how to pray. Have you ever prayed this prayer? Why do you think it is a great example of how we should pray?
- Do you believe that a lack of forgiveness leads to worry and anxiety? Why? Why not?
- What are the treasures that you are currently storing up?
- What master are you trying to serve right now? How is that causing worry?
- Walter Adams once said, “To walk with Jesus is to walk with a slow, unhurried pace. Hurry is the death of prayer and only impedes and spoils our work. It never advances it.”
- How do you find that to be true in your current life?
FRIDAY, September 30
Connect: Psalm 40
- Why do you think God asks for us to be patient?
- How have you seen the Lords unfailing love in your life?
- Are you trying to hide your sins or are you asking the lord to rescue you from your sins?
- Why should asking for rescue be a great thing not a worrisome thing?
- When is a time that you have done the Lord’s will and what was the joy of it?
- What is something that the Lord has called you to do recently? What would the joy of it be?
- How can you search for the Lord today?
SATURDAY, October 1
Connect: Psalm 41
Dave Ramsey says, ““Giving is the antidote for selfishness. It’s the hallmark character quality of those who win with money.” How does that apply to not just money, b ut all of life? Verses 1-3
Do you worry about gossip about you? How can you counteract that worry with truth from scripture?
What can we do to please the lord?
What’s a situation that you have seen the Lord deliver you from?
How can you have an attitude of praise today?
SUNDAY, September 25
Connect: Philippians 4
- How has your prayer time been this week?
- Evaluate if you have been living out Philippians 4:6.
- Is prayer hard or easy for you? Why do you think that is?
- Max Lucado says “Anxiety is a meteor shower of ‘what-ifs’.” We counteract that through prayer.
- Write out a prayer today using these three elements.
- Ask God for help.
- Give God Thanks.
- Say Wow God.